Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Meme, or rather, Me!Me!

With apologies for my self-indulgence.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Why do my eyes look fat? Is it possible to have fat eyes?
2. How much cash do you have on you? A pound in change. I am all about the debit card.
3. What's a word that rhymes with TEST? Lest.
4. Planet? Neptune. I feel it's the underdog planet.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list? My housemate Tom, thrillingly.
6. What is your favorite ring on your phone? It used to be Justin Timberlake's Rock Your Body, rescored for the tinniest phone ringer ever, but then I realised I'm not 15 and so now it's just a chirruping sound.
7. What shirt are you wearing? I'm not wearing a shirt. How d'you like that?
8. What do you label yourself? Alpha female manquée, or filthy journo hack.
9. Name the brand of shoes you've recently worn: Jones The Bootmaker.
10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark. What a crap question.
11. What were you doing at midnight last night? Working. Yeah, at work, in my office, bagpiping FACT into NEWS.
12. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "I'm actually out doing a vox pop at the moment. Reviewing the circus. What's going on?"
13. Where is your nearest 7-11? With a what now?
14. What's a saying that you say a lot? "But he's the sexiest man on television!" (Can you guess who I was talking about? Pia is not allowed to answer.)
15. Who told you they loved you last? Er, probably best not go into this.
16. Last furry thing you touched? Some clothing in a shop, probably. All I seem to do in clothes shops these days is wander round, idly feeling fabrics.
17. How Many Drugs Have You Done In The Past Three Days? Why is this question capped up - is this a test of some kind? What do you mean, am I paranoid? Are those chocolate biscuits?
18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? Er, none. I use my phone.
19. Favorite age you have been so far? Probably 21. That was good. Or 20. I was very excited in the run-up to being 15, but it turned out to be rubbish.
20. Your worst enemy? The Tesco Finest Ready Meal. Destroyer of waistlines, slayer of good intentions.
21. What is your current desktop picture? An amusing picture Grinch sent me of a feminist rally at a golf course. Some joker has snuck in the back with a placard that reads, "Iron my shirt, bitch." I feel vaguely guilty about it, so it might be replaced with "Every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten."
22. What was the last thing you said to someone? What, now? I'm at work, so probably something like, "Has the new shape come through on the nursing WOB?" Well, you asked.
23. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, which would you choose? Flying. Come on, if Jade Goody can become a millionaire by being thick on TV, you would clearly earn more than that if you could fly.
24. Do you like someone? I like lots of people. I am a very warm, giving person, according to my psychotherapist. It's just that sometimes, you can hug the rabbits too tight and they don't get up any more. That makes me sad.
25. The last song you listened to? White Town's Your Woman. A zillion years after its original release, I still love it. I harbour dreams of finding out why it's a man singing, "I will never be your woman," but cannot be arsed. (Actually, I can.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Laura said...

Bring back Rock Your Body! That ringtone still haunts me but everytime it does it makes me laugh out loud.

Also, that Iron My Shirt is on every police noticeboard I've seen for the last 4 weeks. Good to know our police service is so open and unbiased these days.

4/27/2006 9:24 am  
Anonymous Laura said...

Also, that Stylus article is awesome. I've know become Nick Southall's new biggest fan. Darn you, I'm supposed to be revising and now I have 3,000 music reviews to read.

4/27/2006 9:31 am  
Blogger galatea said...

You have caught my know/now blindness! Look!

4/27/2006 11:50 am  
Anonymous lb said...

Well, might as well break the habit of a lifetime....

1. "Male haircuts are treading a thin line between Fashionable and Wogan"
2. 20p, my debit card's practically smoking nowadays.
3. Palimpsest
4. Venus
5. Unrecognised number (unrecognised by me or the phone)
6. The only ring, kind of a loud annoying trill
7. Something flowery from Zara
8. Man of Taste & Substance
9. Converse
10. Eh? Dark
11. Hoovering clad only in my underpants
12. "Cell"? What is this, 1989?
13. This is clearly a Yank meme
14. (witheringly) "Is it really. Is it really"
15. Probably my mother....sigh
16. Own chin
17. About four Ibuprofen
18. One
19. Er, ten?
20. Danny Wallace. God, I hate that guy.
21. A picture of Charlotte Hatherley pointing at a toilet door
22. "Can anyone recommend a good headache cure?" (see also 17)
23. Is that "fly" as in "pilot a plane" or "sprout feathers"?
24. I am full of goodwill for my fellow man. Can't you tell?
25. Er...something by Nick Drake

4/27/2006 11:52 am  
Blogger galatea said...

"Hoovering clad only in my underpants."

Hmm, erotic.

4/28/2006 1:48 pm  
Anonymous lb said...

And practical, if the central heating's been stuck on too high and one has a load of washing on.

4/28/2006 1:51 pm  
Blogger galatea said...

Practical and erotic? That's not something you see every day.

4/28/2006 2:59 pm  
Anonymous pia said...

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I feel like I still have sick up my nose
2. How much cash do you have on you? £20! It mysteriously appeared over the weekend...
3. What's a word that rhymes with TEST? best.
4. Planet? A word that rhymes with planet or my favourite one? Hmm? Granite/Saturn
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list? My civil partner, Helen
6. What is your favorite ring on your phone? A dog barking.
7. What shirt are you wearing? A 'T' shirt!?
8. What do you label yourself? Pia Luck. Its sewn in all my socks and knickers.
9. Name the brand of shoes you've recently worn: Topshop. Classy.
10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark.
11. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping off the weekend.
12. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "Outrageous. I'm a banana down luck and I know who had it!"
13. Where is your nearest 7-11? Urrr...down the road?
14. What's a saying that you say a lot? He so pretty. (Can you guess who I'm talking about, Helen, Matt, Tom and anyone else there on the weekend you are not allowed to answer)
15. Who told you they loved you last? Haha. Don't make me laugh now.
16. Last furry thing you touched? Helen's urr hat.
17. How Many Drugs Have You Done In The Past Three Days? Does shambles count as a drug? I think it damn well should.
18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? None.
19. Favorite age you have been so far? Not got to it yet.
20. Your worst enemy? Shambles.
21. What is your current desktop picture? A picture of the Toy Group winner from Crufts.
22. What was the last thing you said to someone? At work so probably 'oops'
23. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, which would you choose? I'm all for the easy life so million bucks please.
24. Do you like someone? Hehe I like everyone.
25. The last song you listened to?
LCD soundsystem Tribulations.

5/02/2006 10:10 am  
Blogger galatea said...

My 'urr' hat?

Also, Shambles emphatically is a drug and I am going to campaign for it to be given Class A status.

5/02/2006 12:32 pm  
Anonymous pia said...

Yea.Well.I was just trying to scrape back some credit as your civil partner...You know the boys love it so.

5/02/2006 12:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home