Friday, September 09, 2005

middle aged

regular readers of this blog (yes, you at the back) will know that i have an obsession with being prematurely middle-aged, despite only being 21. Now, this article in the Telegraph has confirmed it.


On the Tube platform in the morning, I curse when a voice comes over the public address system to announce, as it does every day: "Ladies and gentlemen, a good service is operating on the Jubilee line this morning." Every time I hear it, I think: "I'll be the judge of that." The other day, I heard myself saying it aloud, and got some very funny looks from my fellow commuters.


This is what I do every single day, it's uncanny. Perhaps this Tom Utley is my real father. Or perhaps I am inexorably becoming the kind of person who reads Telegraph comment pieces, pipe in hand, slippered feet resting on my ottoman, and chuckling ruefully, agrees with them.

i really am middle-aged, aren't i?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home