Friday, August 05, 2005

two weeks down, thirteen to go.

just as it says on the tin, i've been here for two weeks, and now discover i'll be here until the end of october. eek. still, the training is good and i'm now overwhelmed by the possibilities of news - and thinking more and more that i'm not cut out to be a writer.

my friend laura, who is the world's most organised person, has been taking a masters in business at the same time as starting her first job. that seems pretty attractive - for the next few months i will have a lot of free time and not much to do, so why not learn about stuff I have never looked at before?

apart from that the only other thing that i've noticed is how great it is to be on an even keel emotionally. this year has not been my favourite, shall we say, and i'm really appreciating my isolation from all the people and things which have been bringing me down. chief culprit would have to be my soon to be ex-housemate, who wrote a 6-page letter to another one of my housemates about my behaviour. it's a hoot, and i have no qualms in reproducing a section, his redress to me calling him self-righteous.

"Unfortunately, the unavoidable fact here is that I am explicitly reproaching somebody for a lack of morality, and so by definition I have to be acting 'self righteously' - the equivalent would be a criminal claiming that the judge in a trial was acting 'self righteously' - sometimes it just has to be done."

as my other housemate has eloquently annotated it: twat.

anyway, i saw my ex-boyfriend from my last year of university before i left for yorkshire, and we got on like a house on fire. time is a great healer, it's as true as it is cliched - i remembered why we got on in the first place, not why it all broke down (to be fair, a mixture of apathy and incompatible politics). i'm hoping that having this space will mend a few more of the 'broken' relationships which niggle at my life like ulcers... i'm one of those people who can't bear to leave things unresolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home