Wednesday, July 13, 2005

weird crushes




Any readers of this blog who have been (un)lucky enough to speak to me recently will know how much I love Top Gear, and specifically the pocket-sized gasket of love, Richard Hammond. Now, it seems, everyone is getting in on the act... including these very scary people.

From the Daily Mirror:

MIRRORMAN RICHARD IS TOP HUNK
By Reid Sexton

MIRROR columnist Richard Hammond has topped a sexy man poll.

Our motoring guru beat rivals including Sir Bob Geldof, Ray Winstone and Boris Johnson in a "weird crushes" vote by women aged 18 to 30.

Lucie Cave, of Heat magazine, said: "There are some odd people in there, but Richard is more a mainstream hunk." Heat readers reckoned Richard's "cheeky grin" and snappy dress sense made him adorable.

Lucie added: "It proves that girls don't always just go for Brad Pitt and Robbie Williams looks."

Derren Brown was second, Nick Knowles third, Art Malik fourth and Boris Johnson 12th.

--

In honour of these brave souls who dare to attract women without Brad's cheekbones or Robbie's ambiguous sexual signals, I reproduce a newspaper article I wrote on the subject....

[POST ARCHIVED]

5 Comments:

Anonymous fox99 said...

you fancy some weird people girl. my most embarrassing crush is on boris johnson too... i think it's the hair.

7/13/2005 3:22 pm  
Blogger hangthedj said...

Yeah I myself have been known to have an erotic dream or two about BoJo. It has got so bad that I now judge every other man by his impossible to beat standards.
For example I have now formulated a checklist, which every man who poses a threat of becoming a love interest must adhere to.
1) Man must sport an Anglo-Saxon haircut.
2)Must be a die-hard Tory.
3)Must act like a buffoon, but really be incredibly intelligent.
4)Must be so posh, that they actually have no concept of the real world.

Know anyone who fits the bill....

As for the Hammond epidemic which is sweeping the UK, I am also a subscriber to that fanclub. As a sad fuck who plans her weekends around that 8pm, Topgear slot, I have long admired the wee one's dashing good lucks and debonair dress style. I think you are overlooking the obvious allure of the Daddy Mac JC though, and you have to admit that lovely James May's flowery shirts and cords combos cause a stirring inside...

7/15/2005 10:32 am  
Blogger galatea said...

i reckon Artegall could see you right on most of those.

And as for James May, I have just this afternoon watched an episode where he and Hammond did a spot of mini-cabbing, and drove a group of girls on a hen party.

May: So who's the lucky girl?
Bride: Me.
May: And who's the lucky man?
Bride: He's called [something].
May: And does he realise how lucky he is?

He also held the doors open for them.... so it's a mystery how at the age of 41 he's still a bachelor, living in North London with his cat.

(ok, so I looked him up on wikipedia...)

7/15/2005 6:04 pm  
Blogger Artegall said...

This was possibly the best exchange I have ever seen on Top Gear. Something like this:

Clarkson - I'm not going to come and get that picture from you, because I've hurt my back.

Hammond - Come and get it! Come and get it!

Clarkson - No, it's a really bad injury, and I need surgery.

Hammond - Yes, there's a 1% you could end up in a wheelchair, isn't there?

Clarkson - Yes.

Hammond - Hmm, I'll take those chances.

7/18/2005 1:15 am  
Blogger galatea said...

i was forced to watch that one with my parents, in a hotel room in Calais. My mother said sniffily, "That's not very funny".

I had to try to explain that actually it was, and that anything related to the Cool Wall was fair game.

7/23/2005 4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home