Monday, May 02, 2005

slain

I have slain the Blatant Beast of Engine Technical Management. I am reasonably well-informed now, in fact it reminds me of the two summers I spent being mildly sexually harrassed by my boss at the car parts supplier. That was all about aftermarkets and other companies making cheaper parts (in this case, electric windows and central locking systems) and warranties. As, now I think about it, was my job at the stationery shop, where we sold truckloads of knock-off ink cartridges which were cheaper than the Epson ones but tended to explode occasionally.

This gives me hope: perhaps there is only one big fact in the universe, and we just need to learn all its different manifestations. Or possibly it's past one o'clock in the morning and I deluded myself into thinking there's a philosophical truth behind all this, when the only thing that's true is this: I can write 2000 words of mediocre copy about anything, given eight hours and enough biscuits.

Right, to bed, to sleep, perchance to have that dream about the swimming pool gift shop I had last night again. (Remind me to tell you about my incredibly prosaic dreams some time... other people get monkeys and car chases and hot sex, I get a respectable job at an office supply company or spend a day on the sofa watching TV. What's the point of going to sleep?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home