Sunday, April 24, 2005

It begins.

I used to have a blog. There was only one problem - I never wrote anything interesting in it. I'm not making any promises about this one, either.

Ten facts about me:
1. I am 21, and female.
2. I have been described as "the world's worst feminist". I try hard, though.
3. The title of this blog comes from a poem by Wendy Cope. I was going to have it tattooed on me once, but it's probably safer not.
4. I used to be a goth. I'm sure this is going to come up again.
5. My father is a member of the clergy. My mother is an RE teacher. I think this is why I am an agnostic, as well as the fact that there's something glamorous and louche about the epithet 'lapsed Catholic'.
6. I have interviewed the Chuckle Brothers, David Blaine and Bill Bryson. The Chuckle Brothers smoked tiny little roll-ups, made a disgusting remark about Jordan, and then signed a copy of the newspaper with the phrase, 'To You'. David Blaine had not shaved his neck.
7. My first boyfriend was gay. I knew this when I went out with him. I think this says a lot about my cock-eyed, usually misplaced, optimism about relationships.
8. My favourite book is Pride and Prejudice, although I have read Memoirs of a Geisha an indecent number of times. I am currently reading a book about cadavers.
9. When I was young, my imaginary friend was Edward VI, boy-king and son of Henry VIII.
10. I get bored and leave things unfinished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home